Q: Who's Spying on You !
A: Just about everyone !
1. VPN encrypts your traffic and cloaks your activities from your ISP.
2. BACK UP! If your data is valuable to you, you MUST back it up. Make whole disk image on a separate USB hard drive then unplug that and put in a safe place. AT LEAST WEEKLY
Should your system be taken down by malware or if your hit with ransome ware, reinstall OS then restore from your image...back where you started...angry but intact.
3. AVOID SCAMS! Covid has brought out other perils. Scammers trying to use the Pandemic as a tool to get your money. And this from FTC
1. Opera has built in VPN but we have no idea about log files when you use that. It will protect you from casual snooping by your ISP but best to use that in series with a true VPN that DOES NOT KEEP LOGS.
2. Free encrypted email. Tutanota.com offers this. No ID, No email or any identification needed to sign up for basic service. Email you send out to another address can be encrypted and require a pre-arranged password to read. (use TOR when setting up your account. There is an app for your phone as well.
If you want extra protection browse and email via the free TOR network browser after you connect to the internet via a VPN.
Free Open Source VPN available from Psiphon
Windows 10 Upgrade/os! Is it a good idea?
Many privacy concerns you need to know about before making the switch.
This site will always be a work in progress with information edited added or removed as the work of keeping you safe online changes.